News & Events:
CommuteInfo Commute Options
Awareness Month - May 2012
CommuteInfo Commute Options Awareness Month is a specially designated month used to celebrate and focus extra attention on the promotion of commuting options available to commuters and employers in southwestern Pennsylvania. The overall goal for the month is to further encourage more people regionally to use an alternative commute (transit, vanpools, carpools, biking, and/or walking) to get to work or school. May was chosen as this special month since it includes National Transportation Week, National Bike to Work Day, National Employee Health and Fitness Day, and National Clean Air Week. CommuteInfo staff, partners, and collaborating organizations help support the month-long celebration. CommuteInfo Commute Options Awareness Month was first celebrated in 2004.
What is new for 2012?
CommuteInfo will be sponsoring Open Houses:
The 2012 CommuteInfo Commute Options Awareness Month Calendar:
Additional Activities (not tied to a specific date):
- Special edition of the Pooler Choice E-newsletter (distributed to CommuteInfo vanpool, carpool and bikepool participants)
- Distribution of CommuteInfo program materials to regional public libraries for inclusion in their community resources display areas
- Distribution of CommuteInfo program materials to PennDOT Licensing Centers for inclusion in their informational brochure racks
- Airing of a new Comcast Newsmakers segment featuring CommuteInfo program staff
- Data Collection through the on-line CommuteInfo Commuter Questionnaire
- Press release specific to CommuteInfo month
- SPC Commission proclaims May CommuteInfo month
How can you and/or your organization be involved?
If you have any events already scheduled in May, where you might be able to include CommuteInfo materialsâ€¦just let us know, so we can get you materials and the event included on the calendar. Or if you would like to host a special event just to highlight CommuteInfo month, let us know that as well. Contact us today.
Check out previous yearâ€™s CommuteInfo Commute Options Awareness Month information: